Saturday, August 23, 2008

Opening ceremony of Swinburne expanded campus


Yeah!!!I was there!!! Not everyone can go know? Kekeke.... I'm lucky! Our choir club took part in performing the Malaysia and Australia national anthem, and so I was in. I thought it would be a great opportunity and experience...

Today, I went to uni at 11am, with make-ups on O_O... We were all reluctant to put on heavy make-ups, but Irene, our ex conductor was keen on making sure everyone is 'presentable' on stage...so all the girls got super red ang-ku cheeks...

Later we had our lunch, which is a pack of rice with a fried chicken wing and some vege and curry. Then we went to get our regalia....



Ta-da!!! Me in regalia....second time since kindy :D


Then we headed to multipurpose hall, and were locked backstage to wait for our turn.... and then some camera guy came in, so we asked him to take photo for us...

Go!! choir girls!!!

Just minutes after the sweet photo-taking time, we were told to standby...


nervous nervous....


And then, SHOWTIME!!!

There were about few thousands people down there. I can only see YAB Pehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud and his wife sitting at the middle front row. We started with Malaysian national anthem, and then Australian one...the whole performance was only about a minute I guess. The conductor, Hua Beng kept on reminding us to smile, but I couldn't smile cos I was too nervous... then we sing sing sing...

And then, it's OVER!!!

Wow...kind of hard to believe it ended so fast... :-o And it becomes history...Hey, they say it's going to be shown on TV next week, RTM1 if not mistaken... OMG!!! I'm gonna be on TV!!! That's...that's my childhood dream! ^o^

After that, we rushed to library. Purpose? To show that Swinburne's students are hardworking...hahhahaha, yea, we need to pretend we're studying...Johnson took Taib Mahmud's book out to read, hahhahaha, funny guy!


Hmm... is he faking?


And then lastly, after they visited the library, we went down stairs to have some refreshment and watched students performance. Then, we went home...

Ooo! The chief minister's car! Some people took photo with the car, they went very near it, and some even touched it like they were show boy or something, lol... I was kind of worried tho...

Rosemary and I decided to take part in every choir club's activities in the future..who knows someday we might become popular... XD

No comments: